Babysitter

Wednesday, April 22, 2009


On April 17, 2009, both Isabelle's grandma (my mom) and mom (my eldest sister) were not available to take care of her. One had to attend the annual gathering and the other had to do facial and body massage. Since they are my beloved family, I want them happy; I volunteered to baby-sit Belle.

Based on several reasons, e.g. nice weather, just two of us staying at home is boring, my heart's desire of bringing Belle to somewhere funny, etc. I decided to take Belle to Hong Kong Disneyland where I believe most of the children would love. This was my first time to take care of a child out all by myself for longer than four hours. I made it!

I could feel Belle's happiness from her face when we got there. At around 13:00, we took few pictures in front of the Mickey Mouse and Whale fountain and then we stepped toward to the park. Just behind the entrance, there was a choo choo train, which was one of Belle's favor. When Belle was on the train ride, she showed a glimmer of jitter even though she took this kind of ride many times before, yet Belle is not enough three years old. She didn't want me go away from her for taking her pictures; she just wanted to stick tight with me. We reached Fantansyland at 13:20. We stayed there for 2 hours for only taking Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride, Cinderella Carousel ride, lining up to take photos with Tigger, Mickey, Goofy, Winnie the Pooh and Marie. Belle kept asking to meet those characters, but she never smiled to them when taking photos with them. Strange...why's that? There we go...time for watching parade. Before that, I bought her turkey leg, and also tear the meat into shreds for her easy intake. We were just like mother and daughter to share the hand-shredded turkey leg while enjoying the show. Playing toys at shops is also Belle's favor. Therefore, she played different lovely toys in most of the shops located at main street for a pretty long time. Wow...17:15...really have to urge Belle to go home!

I dare to admit that I was a competent baby sitter. I provided Belle thorough care more than just sterilized and washed her hands before and after meal, feed her food and water, kept check her temperature, kept her away from danger. My tip for getting along well with certain children especially Belle is to take them out consuming their energy and letting them concentrate their attention on surrounding environment rather than doing nothing at home. Anyway, baby sitter is not an easy job!

1 comments:

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

hello hello..long time no see..you're back blogging...

haha, suggestion if i may?
i would guess that belle is a little bit frightened of the big mascots? *rationale: i remember when i was about her age - strange i could remember?;P - a big fat uncle santa wanted to give me a pear fruit...when he approached me i was frightened like mad and bursted into tears;PPP guess he'd be more frightened than me;PP ...my mum later calmed me down and explain that's a good uncle santa...it's still in my memory till today...;PP*

Music